Erik’s Ranch Artists Retreat Registration 2024
Erik’s Ranch is offering complimentary stays at our beautiful guest ranch in Paradise Valley, MT for artists of all kinds. Stays include private rooms with ensuite baths, meals, private workspaces and special tours offered by our ranch staff during specific weeks in February and March 2024. View our beautiful Lodge: https://v2.reservationkey.com/3380/TheLodge
Offered to: The Arts! Film industry, writers, artists, singers, dancers.
Dates Offered: Feb/March 2024
History of the Program
A couple of things came together in my mind and were the inspiration for this program.
First, the mission of our organization is to provide meaningful employment and experiences for young adults with autism. During our high season, our members spend most of their time on the ranch providing tours to our guests and sharing their knowledge and skills. During the low season, especially at our Lodge, we have fewer guests joining us, so our members give fewer tours.
Second, I’d been watching the writers’ and actors’ strikes with concern and thinking about my 7-time Grammy Award winning musician friend who was in a 3-year battle with big data over their lack of payment to musicians. I thought, “how can we support these artists?”
Those two ideas came together, and I asked friends of the organization to sponsor these retreats, helping not only our young adults with autism, but the arts community as well.
I have a passion for creating mutually beneficial partnerships, and hope you join us to experience the magic this one will surely bring.
How it Works:
• $100 refundable deposit required. Reservations cannot be cancelled within 30 days of stay.
• Five individual rooms are available each week at our Lodge.
• Guests have private bedroom with king or queen bed, ensuite bath.
• Guests have private workspace which includes a desk and comfortable chair, best for working on a laptop or with materials not needing water.
• Breakfast is provided for 5 days.
• Lunch is provided for 4 days (not Sunday).
• Dinner is provided for 3 days. Dinner out for two days is at the expense of participants.
• Tours provided by our members each afternoon W-Sa.
• Check-in Tuesday afternoon between 3-5 pm. Check out Sunday by 11am.
• Transportation to Montana is the responsibility of the guest. Pick ups will be made at the Bozeman International Airport or if driving, we will provide directions to guide you to Erik’s Ranch. Guests who fly in can also rent a car for more flexibility during off hours. Be sure to check weather! Roads will close for heavy snow! We will be in touch if there is weather predicted on your arrival or departure days.
• Tuesday night check in & welcome dinner at The Old Saloon
• W-Su; 7am Continental Breakfast
• W-Sa; 8-12 noon Morning Work Time
• W-Sa; 1 pm Afternoon Tours
• Keep Calm and Brush On (indoor horse grooming and riding event)
• Llamas-meet and greet/Horse drawn wagon ride
• Pre-dinner live music
• W-Sa; 3:30-5:30 Afternoon Work Time
• W-Sa; 5:30 Dinner provided for three nights* with pre-dinner music and short film and presentation from our members including wildlife stories of the area, bear charge, bear rescue, and more
• Checkout Sunday by noon
*Dinner out at Old Saloon one night and Chico Hot Springs for dinner/soak one night.